Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Love Again.

Okay so this next statement will probably ward off readers, if I had any in the first place.
I just watched He's Just Not That Into You.

Talk about heartwrenching and stressful. I've never been on such a emotional rollercoaster. If you haven't seen it, it's basically a connection of people who have stories of love, not wanting to settle, misunderstandings..etc.

I think what got under my skin (as well as Lucy's) was that we had been through those experiences and we're probably going to be seeing these kinds of situations in the future. The mind games and rules when it comes to dating, the unsettling feeling of settling, the wonder of whether or not you'll fall in love with "the one".

I know it's bogus to a lot of people, but everyone else is consumed within this game. It's like you are either too straightforward and come off too strong, or you're playing these ridiculous cat and mouse games and won't get anywhere. There's never a decent middle or at least from what I know.

Truthfully, I understand this is just a movie, but aren't movies just representations of reality (I mean they should be). There are sometimes happy endings (rarely), and there is the heartbreak and the process of moving on.

More and more each day, I find myself thinking about marriage. Thinking that maybe it's just not for everyone. Especially someone so indecisive as I. The idea of forever is overwhelming. What if one day you find yourself in a 20+ year marriage and suddenly meet someone who is absolutely perfect and instantly understands you...and makes you feel...

As Drew Barrymore says in the movie, "What if you meet the love of your life, are you supposed to let them pass you by?"

It's just too much to think about. Maybe I just need to live and let things come as they go. Then again, I am Faith Hill and I don't usually just stand by. I have to take action and obviously...ramble like a crazy person...

F@ith.

No comments:

Post a Comment