Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Animal Channel

Perhaps I should just post my ridiculous life-like terrifying nightmares.
Here's last night's.

They're very symbolic, I think.

I awake in my new surroundings. This house is not my home, nor is it anywhere close to recognizable. Suddenly, I’m aware that something is wrong. I go to where everyone is gathered; my front door. There are cops there as well, examining the issue. There are nails jaggedly pierced in the wooden door. It looks as if someone took a gun loaded with nails and shot randomly at the entry. There is also a butter knife through the peephole. Glass is shattered everywhere. I feel violated and fearful for a place that I don’t even know. I walk outside with my friend, Amanda, and realize that this house, this house that I know not of except for that it’s mine, is plotted within a prison yard. I look around at the convicts dressed in eccentric orange and the frightened guards and finally comprehend that it’s probable that no one knows of this place. The aged men in the jumpsuits have a look in their eyes that only explain that they are deprived of any necessity. I grasp the reality of how dangerous the situation is. My house is within the confines of a prison, a prison that no one is aware of.
Abruptly, I hear screams. Amanda and I turn our heads in the direction of the yelps and see a short, naked, chubby, African-American woman not too far from us clawing at the ground. It’s painful to see the image. There are tattoos on her arm and leg. She is struggling underneath a convict whose eyes are racing with adrenaline. It’s like watching the Animal Channel where a lion is on the hunt for the weakened elk. A guard is already trying to advance to help the poor out-of-place woman. Amanda and I are eyeing this scene in horror. The man who is overcome with his inner desires unexpectedly starts laughing and yelling in a raw voice. The other convicts suddenly look toward him in surprise as if they didn’t know the situation was happening only feet away from them. I look closer and see that there is blood everywhere. It seems to be coming from the struggling woman. I have this dead feeling that she isn’t going to survive. The scent of her blood is making all of the other convicts excited. I see their eyes changing before me. They all begin to press forward. The guard tries to help and I see Amanda pick up a wrap of electrical cords. I didn’t notice until now that they seem to be hooked up to these cords that she’s grabbing a hold of. I now understand her actions. She’s holding the cords to hold back the convicts that are rushing toward the woman. I also pick some up and most of them turn to look toward us. They give us vicious stares but don’t do anything.
Their reaction shocks me. We’re unsecured young women, there are hardly any guards to stop them and yet they back away; still eyeing the wounded woman.
I then wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment