Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Forever?

I just googled "100 Topics to Blog About".

Not only was it absolutely useless, but I learned about the always exciting process of marketers blogging for their companies.

Today I think I will write about the life of a single person.
Although I may not be an expert (I actually have not been single for more than two years), but when I was single, I thought I was pretty darn good at it.

Lately, I've been listening to the pains and throes of my single friends and I don't really empathize simply because I haven't been in their position for a long time. These ordeals of dating and the single life are usually senseless and insignificant, but many are consumed by the downfalls of either being alone or spending the rest of their life with one person.

As Samuel Vill states:
"When you're single...you think a lot."
"There is a difference between people who are single and want a relationship and those who are single and sleep around (and enjoy it)."

I think there are always certain conflicts when it comes to either being single or in a relationship. Or perhaps it's just me. I'm easily bored and like to be kept on my toes. The single life was always fun (meeting people, flirting shamelessly, feeling incredibly free), but at the same time I missed the comfort and security of a relationship. I missed being able to just finish my day and if it was terrible, having someone to be there; a solid rock within the turbulent storm.

Once you are in said relationship and you're finished with all the flirting, it's a question of whether or not that one person is fit for the rest of your life. It's quite a scary thought; the word "forever". I guess at least for those who simply are not ready.

I guess I'm still a work in progress...
(I'll continue this later)

F@ith.

No comments:

Post a Comment