Monday, June 29, 2009

In These Twenty Years

One of the biggest issues I had when I was younger was that I pretended that my life followed the plot line of The Truman Show. I said and did things that were lines I had heard off of sitcoms. Now, I'm sure this would seem endearing and quite adorable to an onlooker, but I think this was worse than my spouts of kleptomania and compulsive lying.
I lived a life where I felt I was being watched and gave off a facade that wasn't completely me.

Okay so maybe the klepto and liar in me wasn't any better...

Any who, I just reminisced about my childhood and realized how much I've changed in the past twenty years. I've kept some friends (just the good ones), tossed a few (unintentionally and sometimes intentionally), became a terrible liar, rebelled against my parents (a lot), raised my awareness of the world around me, formed my own political ideas, questioned religion, broke hearts, had my heart broken, felt immense pain (physically and emotionally), made independent choices, attempted at peace with my past and family...

I don't know if a lot of people can sit down and look back on their past and truly be okay with what has happened and move toward the future, but I think I'm honestly starting to...

Goodnight for now,
F@ith

No comments:

Post a Comment