Sunday, August 23, 2009

Learning to Breathe

What do you do when you need to find yourself, but part of yourself left to find himself?

It's probably pathetic to say that someone else is a piece of me. I don't mean that they complete me, but that without them, I'm gouged. I'm left without a lung. Without a vital organ.

I can go on, but I'll be temporarily disabled.
I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else, but sometimes I find myself not breathing. I have to force my mouth open and suck in air, because I'm in shock that my body wasn't fully functioning subconsciously.

I keep telling myself that this is what we want. No scratch that. What we need. This is what I need. But not necessarily what I want.

I don't know how long this will last for. I don't know how long I will last for.

I know I'm strong. I know I'm capable of living, but currently it's a difficult task.

When did something so regular and routine become so hard to grasp on. I guess I did tighten my hold and still found nothing once I opened my hands.

It's all out of my control and I guess that's what scares me the most. A part of me feels abandoned, alone, exhilarated, scared, so scared, unprepared...

All of this is consuming me. Drowning me. Making me feel like I'm breathing through a straw.
It's not just emotional. It's taken a toll on me physically.

My heart aches and my lungs aren't working properly.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment